Sunday 21 May 2023

Welcome to the Neighbourhood Card

Hello everyone, I've got a Welcome to the Neighbourhood card to share today, but it could just as easily have been a new home style card.

Paper Rose Studio Supplies used: Bird Houses Metal Cutting Die 21210, Tree of Love Metal Cutting Die 28825, All Occasions Sentiments A5 12pc Sentiment Sheets 22339, Watercolours - Sublime 12x12 Paper Collection 26440

I started my card by ink blending in a light blue on the card front, and just left some areas in white to look like clouds.  

Next, I die cut the bird houses from some of the watercolour papers and also from white.  I also cut several of the birds from white cardstock and used Copic markers to colour them in.  I coloured them all the same except for the one purplish bird so it would look like he was the newcomer to the area.  I feel I have to point that out as it doesn't seem terribly obvious to me!  :)

The tree trunk was also cut from white cardstock and I used Copic markers to colour it in.  I cut the leaves from the watercolour papers. The grassy border was also freestyle cut from the watercolour papers and I thought it had the perfect grassy look. 

To assemble the card, I started by gluing the tree in place and adding the leaves.  Next I added the grassy border, and then the birdhouses.  Finally, I added the birds and the sentiment which I popped up on foam tape. 

Thanks for joining me again today!


No comments:

Post a Comment