Monday 12 June 2023

Blossom Celebrate Card

Hello again, and welcome!  Today I've got a Celebrate card that while it's fairly generic and could be used for a number of occasions, it is definitely a feminine card.  I created this card in May, and in my part of Canada which is near the Rocky Mountains, spring tends to be a little slow in coming, so the blossom trees were all in bloom. 


Paper Rose Studio Supplies: Lovely Florals Blossom Flowers 4x6" Clear Stamp Set 18183Horizontal Border Metal Cutting Die 28396Hand Stitching Coverplate Metal Cutting Die 26020Celebrate Layered Metal Cutting Die 17454Little Foliage 2 Metal Cutting Die 21102.  

Other Supplies: Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint AzureCosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint Rose PinkCosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint Pearl.

I started this card by colouring in the flower blossoms with Copic markers on Neenah Solar White cardstock (using RV55, RV52, RV000, YG01, YG03, YG17, E25).  I tried to leave as much white space as I could - something I'm not very good at doing!  I used a Sakura black gel pen to add in the black dots in the centres, and then fussy cut out the flowers. 

I die cut about 4 of the leaves in the Little Foliage die set from white cardstock and set those aside with the flowers.  I also die cut the Celebrate die 3 times from white cardstock and glued them together.

On my card front, I cut the Horizontal Border die from the top of the card.  I then lined up the Hand Stitching Coverplate die to cut just below where the border die had already cut.  

To create the pinkish background, I made a gel print using the shimmer paints listed above.  I know you can't see it in the photo, but those shimmer paints are very shimmery in real life, so there's a beautiful shine wherever the gel print shows through.    Once the background was dry, I cut out a piece to cover my card front, and I also die cut the Celebrate shadow from the same gel print.

Next, I layered the white die cut front over the gel print background, and then arranged the flowers and leaves over the top of the card.  I popped some of the flowers up on scrap card to give a little more dimension.  Finally, I glued the white Celebrate word to the shadow background and attached it to the bottom of the card. 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment