Thursday 22 August 2024

Animal Kingdom Cards

Welcome back, and thanks for stopping by!  I've got 5 cards to share today as I was having too much fun with Paper Rose Studio's Animal Kingdom embossed die cuts and 6 x 6" papers.  I created the sentiments for all of these on my computer as I really wasn't too sure what sentiment to put with some of these!

Here's a list of the supplies: Animal Kingdom 2.0 Embossed Die Cuts 32109, Animal Kingdom 6x6 Paper Collection 32100.


This card measures 5 1/2" tall x 6" wide so it's a little unusual.  For this card, I used the Layered Pinwheel Lace Border Metal Cutting Die 20973 outline die to cut the left and right borders of the 6 x 6" paper.  I also cut it from black cardstock and offset this slightly behind the patterned paper.  I adhered a small strip of gold foiled cardstock behind the central piece of patterned paper.  I then trimmed down the left and right edges so the finished card would measure 6" across after allowing for some of the gold to show through.  The gold doesn't show up well in my first picture, but in real life it's quite noticeable. I added foam tape behind the left and right borders and then mounted everything onto the card base.  After printing off the sentiment, I mounted it on gold foil cardstock and then popped the center up on foam tape.  I also mounted the tiger on foam tape before adhering everything onto the card front. 

This is an A2 sized card and was very quick to make.  I did a little ink blending in the center of my card base with some yellow and yellow-green inks.  I then used the Flowy Leaves 6x6" Stencil 18870 over top and applied some Liquitex Gloss Heavy Gel through the stencil, just over the ink blended areas.  When that was dry, I added the strips of patterned paper which are from the same Animal Kingdom 6 x 6" papers.  I foam mounted the elephant and added him to the center of the card and then adhered the sentiment strips.  

This card measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2".  After trimming the 6 x 6" paper down to be a 5 1/2" square, I trimmed off 1/4" from the right hand edge of the patterned paper.  After deciding where the chameleons would go, I used a craft knife to cut a small slit along the tree so the branches of the die cuts could be inserted.  I placed foam tape on the back of the chameleons and attached them to the patterned paper.  Next, I adhered a strip of black paper on the right hand edge of the card base, and then glued the main piece of patterned paper and the small strip down, so there would be an even border of black along both edges. I used Copic markers to colour in the word "Colour" on the sentiment and then went over it with a black pen to mark where the colours had changed.  I was trying to keep the mosaic look going.  I mounted this sentiment on gold foiled cardstock and adhered it to the front of the card. 



Both of these cards are A2 sized and were again, very quick and easy to make.  I used the Forest Trip 12x12 Paper Collection 26629 for the backgrounds on both cards.  I glued the animals directly down to the card front.  I used one of the information paper strips for the sentiment on the bear card, and glued my sentiment on top.  For the owl card, I used a scrap of the Forest Trip papers and foam mounted it before adhering to the card front. 

These really are beautiful embossed die cuts and papers, and I'm so happy that many of these can be used for more masculine cards.  Thank you again for stopping by and I hope you are having a lovely, creative day!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment