Monday 2 September 2024

Just Treats, No Tricks

Hi everyone, I've got a Halloween card to share today.  I don't normally make these, but the Paper Rose Studio Spooky Halloween release was too cute to resist!


Paper Rose Studio Supplies: Spooky Halloween Embossed Die Cuts 32757, Spooky Halloween 6x6 Paper Collection 32754, Tree of Love Metal Cutting Die 28825, Wonky Picket Fence Metal Cutting Die 22762

This is an A2 sized card today and I started by doing some ink blending on a card front, using some Catherine Pooler inks in Crushed Violet, It's a Girl, Party Dress, Orange Peel and Ginger.  I misted with a little water after doing the ink blending and set it aside to dry.

Next, I die cut two each of the trees and fence pieces from black cardstock. I chose some of the embossed die cuts to use on my card and separated them from the cardstock. Then I positioned the trees and house in place and glued them down.  I used the Cracked Stencil to create a little path to the house by embossing it with VersaMark ink and then adding and heat setting with black embossing powder. 

I positioned the fence pieces so they were meeting in the middle and wrapped the outside edges to the back of the card front and glued those edges to the back of the card front. This creates the interactive gate element.  I added die cuts to the fence and front of the card.  The sign was created from one of the 6 x 6" papers which I trimmed down and added to a piece of black cardstock.  I created a stem for the sign and tucked it in behind the pumpkin die cut. 

Finally, I attached the card front to a card base.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment