Saturday 12 October 2024

3D Pansy Embossed Cards

Hello everyone, I've got 3 cards to share today, all of them made from the new Perfect Pansies 3D embossing folder from Paper Rose Studio.



Supplies Used: Perfect Pansies 3D Embossing Folder 32946, Etched Pansy 1 Metal Cutting Die 25666, Fancy Script Layered Hello Metal Cutting Die 32478, All Occasions Sentiments A5 12pc Sentiment Sheets 22339

Isn't that a lovely embossing folder?!  For the first card, I simply embossed some white cardstock and trimmed the panel down a bit.  The finished card is a 5 x 7, and I used some blue glitter cardstock paper to mat the embossed panel. I used the Etched Pansies die to diecut 3 pansies and then coloured them with Copic markers.  I shaped the flowers a little on an old computer mouse pad, using some ball styluses.  I added a border of the blue glitter cardstock to the panel, and adhered the pansies with glue.  I mounted the sentiment on foam tape and adhered it just above the border.  

For the second card, I swiped Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink all over the inside debossed side of the embossing folder.  This is the side where the pansies are depressed into the folder.  Then I added my white cardstock to the folder and ran it through my die cutting machine.  I then repeated this process adding two more layers of Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink to the debossed side of the folder.  I was careful to position my cardstock on the embossed side of the folder before closing it, because you don't want to smear the ink (although I did manage to do this a bit!).  I also found that a quick mist with water onto the inked side of the folder helped to spread the ink a bit.  But doesn't that card front remind you of Wedgewood pottery?  For the Hello sentiment, I die cut it from white cardstock 3 times and glued them together. I covered the top layer with Nuvo Crystal Glaze and then sprinkled on some white glitter.  When it had dried, I mounted this onto a vellum shadow layer that I had covered the back of with the Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink.  I used my heat gun to gently dry the ink, and after attaching this to the card front, I added the supporting sentiment.

For the third card, I embossed some white cardstock as usual, and then added some inks with small brushes to the pansies and leaves.  I trimmed this panel down and added the same blue glitter cardstock in behind it.  I cut the Hello sentiment 3 times from white cardstock, stacked and glued them together, and used a Copic marker to colour the top layer.  I added the Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the top layer again.  Finally, I die cut a vellum shadow layer and adhered the sentiment to this and then added it all to the card front.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I've given you some inspiration on how to use this folder - it's a gorgeous embossing folder!!




No comments:

Post a Comment