Monday 8 July 2019

Pink Ink Designs Elephant Card

Hello again, and welcome to my blog!  I’ve got a new theme for this week of the Daily Marker challenge and it’s new and “rarely used” items. Today I’ve made an elephant birthday card from this beautiful stamp from Pink Ink Designs.
  






I started by applying an anti-static powder to a roughly 4.5” x 5.75” piece of Canson Montval watercolour paper.  Then I stamped my image on with Versafine black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I brushed on a layer of clear water over the whole image and sprinkled on Nuvo shimmer powder in the colours Cherry Bomb, Violet Brocade, and Blue Blitz. I only sprinkled a little of each powder as a little goes a long way with this powder! In areas where the powder seemed dry and wasn’t moving well, I either lightly spritzed with water or used a wet paintbrush to apply a little more water to get it moving. I added more powder as needed and then let everything dry.


  Once it was dry, I went back in with a little gold metallic paint to a few areas to give it some highlights. Then I cut a strip of watercolour paper for the sentiment. I didn’t want to use white cardstock and I like the texture the watercolour paper gives. After applying the anti-static powder to this strip, I stamped my sentiment with Versafine black ink and again heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I then adhered this strip to my card front.  Finally, I trimmed down my card front and adhered it to my card base. 

Thank you so much for joining me and I hope you have a great day! 




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous elephant! Love the colours and the gold is *the* perfect touch to amp up the elegance!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete