Sunday 10 November 2019

Joy to the World with Create a Smile Stamps

Hello again!  I’ve got a very sparkly Christmas card today that I’ve made with a stamp set from Create A Smile stamps as well as one of their stencils.




I started by positioning the Wave of Snowflakes stencil on my card front. I inked it lightly with Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass ink and then applied Tonic Nuvo Glimmer paste in Moonstone over it and let it dry.   

Then I stamped the world image onto 110# cardstock with Gina K amalgam black ink and coloured it in with copic markers.  I placed it back in my stamp positioner and aligned the starry strands stamp around the globe. I stamped this on with Versamark ink and heat embossed with a silver embossing powder.  Then I fussy cut this out which was quite easy to do. I applied small star glitter with glossy accents to where there were already stars from the starry strands stamp and let this dry. 

I die cut the word Joy as well as a couple of snowflakes from dies I had in my collection from white cardstock. I used Distress Oxide in Mermaid Lagoon to ink up the J and Y of the word Joy. Then I applied Versamark ink to them and dipped them in Hero Arts Sparkle embossing powder and heat set them.  I did this 3 times to give a very shiny, thick look to the letters. 


For the snowflakes, I ink blended some Tumbled Glass ink onto the top snowflake and then applied some of the Moonstone Nuvo paste over it. The bottom snowflake I left white, but I applied Versamark ink over it and then dipped it into the Hero Arts Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it. 

I then foam mounted the letters and the world image and applied them to my now dry card front. I placed a small square of double sided foam to the center of the white snowflake and adhered that in place of the “O” in the word Joy. I used a little double sided adhesive tape to attach the second snowflake and then placed an Icy Sparkle crystal from Studio Katia in the center with glossy accents. I placed a few more of these crystals around the card where there seemed to be some gaps. 


Finally, I stamped the sentiment “to the world” onto scrap cardstock in Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink. I corner rounded the 2 bottom corners and trimmed it down. I attached it to the letter Y in Joy. I also added Nuvo shimmer pen to the land segments on the world image. 

This is just one of those cards that is so much prettier in real life. The camera just can’t get the colours right or capture the sparkle. Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment