Wednesday 6 January 2021

Bee Happy Birthday Card

Hello and happy New Year to all of you!  Hopefully, 2021 will be a much more positive, happy year for all of us.  

I’ve got a birthday card today that I actually made for my mom who has just moved into a new retirement home at the beginning of December. With two weeks of quarantining and not being allowed to visit family over Christmas, it’s been a tough start for her. So I wanted a cheerful, happy card for her and I hope you’ll think this one fits the bill.


I made the background by using alcohol inks in a laminating folder (I originally had intended to do something else), but the alcohol ink on either acetate or Yupo paper would also work.  I used Ranger inks in Teakwood, Pearl Alchemy, and Butterscotch.  Once it was dry, I ran it through my laminator and cut it down to fit my frame size.  I used a hexagon die from Papertrey Ink for the background and diecut it from gold cardstock. I trimmed out just a few of the hexagons to use on my panel.  The frame was cut from a Double Stitch Rectangle Frame die from Poppy Stamps and I also cut it from the same gold cardstock.

The bee and flower images are all from a Gerda Steiner Design stamp set called Happy Bee Day, and I just stamped multiple flower images and chose the “Bee Happy” sentiment to put in the message area on the bee. I also stamped the bee’s hands and message a second time, fussy cut it out, and then mounted the message on foam tape to give it some dimension.  Isn’t that just the happiest bee?!  I added some dark blue beads to the flower centers and a sparkle pen on the bee’s wings.  

To assemble everything, I added some foam tape to the frame and then glued everything else in place.  Thanks so much for joining me today, and I hope you’re having a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment