Thursday 25 March 2021

Dragonfly Delight Birthday Card

Hi everyone, I’ve got a birthday card to share with you today. I’m so happy with myself because I used some patterned papers for it.  Now, I know most of you are probably great at using patterned paper, but I’m ashamed to say I normally hoard my pretty papers and have a really hard time cutting them up.  So I was thrilled to make this card!





I used the new Creative Expressions Dandelion Dreams paper pad by Jamie Rodgers.  I started by cutting 1” strips of paper from most of the papers in the pack.  I think I felt better about cutting into them as it was only 1” and it’s an 8 x 8” pack so lots of paper left over!  I applied a double sided sheet of adhesive to my card front and used a bone folder to press it down.  I chose to do a herringbone pattern, but any pattern would work for this technique.  After removing the adhesive backing, I started laying down the strips of paper, leaving a small border between all sides of the strips.  The strips extended over the edges of the card front, so once all the strips had been placed, I used scissors to trim the edges even.  Next, I added some Cosmic Shimmer Golden Jewels gilding flakes to the card front, and gently rubbed it into the cracks between the paper strips where the adhesive was exposed.  So much pretty shine! I love how that gold just adds so much to the patterned papers.  I trimmed the card front down to 4” x 5.25” so I could have a slight white frame.  

Next, I stamped the dragonfly from the Creative Expressions Designer Boutique stamp set called Dragonfly Delight.  This is such a gorgeous stamp set! I left the stamp in my stamp positioner so I could re-stamp it after copic colouring the image.  Once I had the image coloured, I re-stamped it with Versamark ink and gold heat embossed it.  I also stamped and gold heat embossed it onto heat resistant acetate.  After cutting both of these out, I carefully creased the wings up on the acetate dragonfly.  I used some Cosmic Shimmer clear glue to attach the body of the acetate dragonfly to the copic coloured one.  

I used a sentiment from the Moments in Time stamp set from Creative Expressions by Jamie Rodgers, and stamped it in Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink and clear heat embossed it.  Finally, I glued the dragonfly to the card front and added a few clear jewels.  

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a happy, creative day!




No comments:

Post a Comment