Monday 7 June 2021

Creative Expressions Floral Birthday Card

 

Hello and welcome!  I've got a slimline floral card to share today that was made primarily with the Beautiful Blossoms die set (CED1535) from Creative Expressions.  I absolutely love this set as it's so incredibly versatile with 21 dies in the set.  I actually have to make myself put this set away as there are just so many possibilities of how to use it!

For this card (which measures 3 3/4" x 8 1/2"), I started by using one of the Noble Cut Corner Rectangle dies (CED5530) to cut an opening on my card front.  I did some extended die cutting to get the long rectangle shape. 

Next, I ink blended a background (making sure it was large enough to fit behind the rectangle opening and that there was enough left over to cut the sentiment from).  I used Distress Oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon.  To create the subtle background design, I put a piece of post-it note paper on cardstock and diecut one of the leafy dies from this.  Then I used just the post-it note diecut as a mask and gently inked over this on my ink blended background using the same Distress Oxide inks. 

I diecut several of the leaves and flowers from the Beautiful Blossoms set out of white cardstock, and then used alcohol markers to colour them in. The dies give a lovely deep impression on these florals, and to accent that, I lightly applied some Cosmic Shimmer Copper Pearl Opal Polish over the surface of the flowers using the sponge applicator that comes with the polish. It's hard to see in the photo, but in real life, there is a pretty shine.  I did the same to the bees which are from the Floral Panels - Peony set (CED2053).

Next, I stamped the "birthday" sentiment (from the Festive Collection - Happy CEDSD003), onto the card front with Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers in my stamp positioner.  I actually stamped it 2-3 times and then clear heat embossed it.  I diecut the Happy sentiment 3 more times from white cardstock, stacked these behind the ink blended diecut, and glued this above the birthday sentiment.  Next, I positioned the ink blended piece behind the rectangle diecut opening and adhered it with double sided tape to the card base.  After removing the foam backing paper, I attached the card front to the base.  Finally, I finished the card by using glue to adhere all the little floral pieces as well as the bees.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are having a happy, creative day!


No comments:

Post a Comment