Tuesday 27 September 2022

See-Through Christmas Tree Card

Hello everyone, I'm so glad you stopped by.  I've got a Christmas card again to share with you today, and I must say I can never get these done early enough!


Supplies Used:  Christmas Fir Tree Large Metal Cutting Die 20589Poinsettia - Silver Foil 6x6 Paper Collection 27277, Crisp Christmas A5 12pc Sentiment Sheets 19772, holographic silver cardstock, gemstones, acetate (4.25" x 5.5").

I started this card by die cutting the tree out of white cardstock three times, and once from holographic silver cardstock.  I was very careful with the silver one and one of the white ones, to not loose the inset pieces, so I placed Glad Press 'N Seal onto the back of the diecut to keep all those little bits in place. The triple layers of the tree helps to give support to the acetate and keeps the card front from bending.  

I glued two of the white trees together, and then glued this onto a scrap piece of acetate.  The acetate gave me something to inlay the diecut pieces onto, but won't show up in the final card.  I trimmed this acetate so it didn't extend past the outside edges of the tree.  Then I used a fine tipped glue to inlay the white diecut pieces.  I only inlaid the non-circle pieces, as I knew I was going to put the gemstones in where the circles were.  The purpose of inlaying these white pieces was to make sure the holographic ones would show up better and not be lost in the depths of the tree.  I know that seems like an extra step, but I do think it was worth it and it really didn't take too long to do.  So the next step was to inlay the holographic pieces over the white inlaid ones. Then I glued the gemstones in place.  I also have a holographic tree now to use on another card. 

I used a top folding A2 sized card base (4.25 x 5.5"), and trimmed the front down to be 1.5" (or 4mm).  I also cut two strips from the Poinsettia silver foil cardstock, to be 4.25" x 1.5" ( 11 mm x 4 mm).  I also cut one of these strips from white cardstock.

On the card front, I used my tape gun to adhere the 4.25 x 5.5" piece of acetate over the remaining top front.  I found this easiest to do by lining up the bottom edge of the acetate with the bottom edge of the card base and then easing the acetate down onto the upper edge of the card.  

Next, I adhered the white strip of cardstock to the inside bottom edge of the acetate. I used my tape gun to apply adhesive over the white cardstock, then I lined it up flush with the bottom edge of the card base, and carefully lowered the acetate over it so it was all flush with the edges of the card base.  Finally, I adhered the silver foiled paper over the acetate, again using my tape runner.  Finally, I cut little strips of the metallic silver cardstock and glued them in place along the edges of the silver foiled cardstock.  I mounted the sentiment onto some more metallic silver cardstock.  To finish the card, I glued the tree onto the card front and added the sentiment above.  On the inside of the card front, I glued the third white cardstock tree shape over top of the front tree to give a clean finish.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope you're having a very creative day!





No comments:

Post a Comment