Wednesday 15 February 2023

Protea Floral Card

Hello everyone!  I've got a floral card today where I've used a rather generic sentiment.  I think this card could be used for so many occasions and I love to have cards like that in my stash, as I usually don't know on what occasion I'll use them.

Paper Rose Studio supplies used: Slimline Protea Bouquet Clear Stamp 28222, Doodle Flower Coverplate 1 Metal Cutting Die 20553, Black & White A5 12pc Sentiment Sheets 19023. Other supplies: Copic markers, Prismacolour pencil crayons, black Sakura Glaze pen, gold beads, Simon Says Stamp Fog ink.

This is a beautiful slimline stamp, but I've used it on a 4 1/2" x 6" card and it fills the card front perfectly.  I stamped the image onto Neenah Solar Crest 80# cardstock, using the Fog ink.  There's a lot of detail in the stamp, and I didn't want to use black ink as it would have significantly darkened the image. I left the stamp in my stamp positioner for the time being. I used Copic markers to colour in the image, and although I didn't keep a list of the markers used, here is a list of the ones I do remember using. (RV25, RV23, RV21, RV10, RV69, RV19 for the Protea flower; Y19, Y08, Y02 for the yellow flowers; E97, E93, E01, BV08, BV04 for the three flowers at the bottom.  I added some yellow prismacolour pencil to these as well, and used the black glaze pen to add dots to the centers; YR27, YR23, Y08, BV02, V15 for the coneflower type flowers at the top. I added purple pencil crayon to these as well; the leaves were done with YG67, YG17, YG03, YG01, G94, G82, BG75, BG72 and BG70). After I had coloured the image in with markers, I went back in and added touches of pencil crayon as noted above to highlight some of the flowers.  Once I was satisfied with the colouring, I placed the image back in my stamp positioner, and stamped it again with the Fog ink, to help bring back some of the details.  Then I fussy cut out the image which wasn't too hard to do, but I don't mind fussy cutting.  


 Next, I die cut the Doodle Flower coverplate die from 110# white cardstock and attached it to my 4 1/2" x 6" card base in the center.  I popped the floral image up on foam tape and adhered it down towards the left of my card.  

I gold foiled the sentiment strip, using my laminator.  I love that sentiment! It's just perfect for so many occasions.  After foiling it, I trimmed it down and attached it with foam tape over the floral image, offsetting it to the right.  Finally, I added some gold beads for a little extra shine.  

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you're having a happy, creative day!





No comments:

Post a Comment