Monday 21 August 2023

Missing You Card

Hello again and welcome!  I've got a missing you card to share today ...


Supplies Used: Summer Picnic Die Cuts 29952, Arch Border Frames Metal Cutting Die 30420, Little Foliage 1 Metal Cutting Die 21099, Watercolours - Sublime 12x12 Paper Collection 26440, All Occasions Sentiments A5 12pc Sentiment Sheets 22339

I started this card by cutting an A2 sized piece of the blue watercolour cardstock and adhered it to my card base. I glued the house die cut where I thought it should go in relation to the arches.

Next, I cut the Arch Border die several times from white cardstock.  This die is one piece so with one pass through my die cutting machine, I was able to get all the sizes.  I really wanted the arches to look a bit like a garden arch trellis with leaves coming down.  To do that, I layered the arches with more layers on the largest arch and less as they got smaller. I used 4 of the largest arch, 2 of the middle sized one, and 1 of the smallest arch and glued each of these sizes together.  The die cut pieces actually have a bottom horizontal border that I didn't want, so I lined the arch layers up with the bottoms even and temporarily taped the sides together with low tack tape so I could cut the bottom border off all three sized arches evenly. 

Then, using the Little Foliage die, I cut from the green Watercolour cardstock, a number of the leaves.  Some of the leaves are cut from the back of the green cardstock so they would look like they were curving the other way.  I glued these onto the arches with them coming down in front and behind the arches.  When I was happy with the leaves, I removed the low tack tape that was keeping the side arches in place, and glued the arches onto the card front around the house.  Finally, I glued the remaining dog, poppies and butterfly die cuts in place.  The sentiment was adhered across the front of these.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you're having a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment