Hello again everyone! Before I get into today's post I want to let you know that I have made the difficult decision to step down from the Paper Rose Design team. I have loved working with this company and group of people, and this was not an easy decision for me. I just have a lot on my plate these days and more hobbies that I want to explore, so this will be my last post as a team member. But I will still be using all my Paper Rose supplies!
That being said, I have a couple of cards to share today using the Ink & Ivory collection. Now I love all the colours out there, and my least favourite have to be the greys and blacks, but this collection is stunning!
Paper Rose Studio supplies: Ink & Ivory 6x6 Paper Collection 36706 , Ink & Ivory 6 x 8" Cut Aparts 36811
The first card measures 5 x 7" and I've used Bibi Cameron's idea of adding the white strips of cardstock in a crossed pattern. The strips are 1/2" wide and I added 3 to the top left side (wrapping them around to the back and attaching them on the back) and 3 strips to the right side. I changed my mind as I was making this card, so rather than having the strips all lift up together from the bottom, I decided to add the 6 x 6" paper in behind and adhere the strips down. So to get the full 7" height of the card, I added some double sided adhesive to the top and bottom 1/2" and then adhered some foil to the adhesive. On both of these cards, I have used some glue that dries tacky ( I like the Scrapbook.com glue) and then once it was dry, I added foil by laying it over the tacky glue and then lifting it off. Once I had the card front done, I adhered it to my card base and finally added the butterflies and sentiment.
The second card was foiled as mentioned above, and I also die cut a heart that I foiled in the same way using double sided adhesive. I added a slightly larger white heart behind it to make it stand out a little better, and then added the sentiment and extra images. A few gold pearls were all that were needed to finish off this card. Isn't that just the most elegant collection though?!
Thank you all so much for following me along on this journey with Paper Rose Studio! I really do appreciate you all more than you will ever know. I hope you have a wonderful day today!

No comments:
Post a Comment