Sunday 23 June 2019

Avery Elle - Hello Chum Underwater Card

Hi there!  I’m sharing my last beach themed card for this first week of the Daily Marker Challenge.





** If you would like to see an HD video on youtube of how I made this card CLICK HERE

 

I started by stamping out the sharks and fish onto 110 lb cardstock using copic friendly ink.  I coloured in the images with copic markers and then die cut them out.



To make the background, I started with white 110 lb cardstock.  I used a scrap piece of acetate packaging to first stamp my Distress Oxide inks onto.  Then I sprayed 2-3 spritzes of water onto the ink before applying it to the paper.  I used Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, Shaded Lilac and a little Peacock Feathers. I worked with one colour at a time and just turned my acetate scrap over so I could see where I was applying it on my card base.  I heat set each colour after applying it. 


 When I was satisfied with the background, I stamped on the reef image from Kaisercraft, using Stormy Sky Distress Oxide ink.  I then lightly coloured in the image with copic markers, using muted shades to help give it the look of being underwater.



Then I temporarily positioned my die cuts where I wanted them to go on the front, and  placed my sentiment where it would fit.  I stamped the sentiment with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide ink.  I had to stamp it several times to get it dark enough, so I was glad I had used my stamp positioner for this!  I then adhered my card front to my card with a tape runner, and used extra adhesive as the paper had warped slightly from the ink smooshing.

Finally, I arranged the shark and seaweed I had reserved for the inside of my card.  I then stamped the "birthday cake!" sentiment in black Versafine ink on the inside and glued down the diecuts on the inside.

All that was left to do was to glue down the die cuts on the front of my card, add black glaze pen to the fish eyes, and glossy accents for bubbles coming out of the fish mouths.



 Thank you so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! your ocean *chums* card (I have a few doubts about that shark *grin*) is jawsome! Fabulous colouring and oh, that background! Simply fabulous! I've never copic coloured on 110lb. cardstock - usually just my Spectrum Noir stuff (no spectrum noir markers though). May need to give it a try...
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete