Saturday 15 June 2019

Lawn Fawn Beach Scene





Hi again, I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  For today’s card I’ve used the two foxes from Lawn Fawn’s “Upon a Star” set, and their adorable “Set on the Beach” stamp set.  I love all the little extra items in this set right down to a bottle of sunscreen!

I thought the fox family would probably enjoy surfing - not sure why! I made the surfboards by just freestyle drawing them and cutting out a template.  Honestly, it was really fun to try different patterns for all the surfboards. I think leaves, flowers, hearts, stripes would all work well. Whatever you can find in your stash.  Here's a quick video showing how I made them.



To create the ocean water I ink blended on white cardstock with Distress Oxide inks in Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon.  I die cut the wave form using a wave die from Sunny Studios and then splattered some Distress Resist Spray on it.  Make sure you do this in a box because this stuff is hard to remove!  Once that was dry, I ran a clear Versamarker pen along the top of the wave and added white embossing powder to get the look of watery foam.


I used Copic markers to colour in all the stamped items and have listed the markers I used below.  I am not a Copic certified person or an artist, so I don't feel qualified to really tell you how to colour these in.  However,  I have some pictures below showing how I like to colour in the fox (I apologize for the poor lighting!).  I try to start with dark to light markers and I go over my first colouring, so here's how that looks for me:
E39 where the deepest shadows would be.

YR27 to fade in from the deepest shadows.


E13 for the lightest areas on his face, tummy and near the tip of his tail.

E39 Second layer

YR7 Second layer

E13 Second layer

CO to darken the shadows in the white areas

R00 and R20 for the inner ear and blush on his cheek.
Here's the list of markers that I used for this card:
Foxes:  E39, YR27, E13, R00, R20, C0
Umbrella: BG49, BG13, B04, B02
Towel:  B04, Y08
Sunscreen: BG10, Y08, C0, C3
Coconut:  E57, E23, E31

On my card base, I stencilled on some clouds using MFT's Cloud stencil with Distress Oxide Mermaid Lagoon. Then I foam mounted the ocean and sand layers and adhered them to my card base. Lastly, I glued down all my coloured elements where I wanted them to go.


For the sand, I added some glue and smudged it around with my finger, then sprinkled on the Flower Soft sand product.  I found this in New Zealand a couple of years ago, so I'm really not sure where, or if, you can find it now.  It really does give the look of sand as you can see in the picture.

 

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Beyond adorable...and I agree that these foxes are certainly enjoying their time at the beach, surfing and tanning! Thank you soooo much for sharing your copic colours/techniques! Will give the fox combo you used a try!
    At an 8 hr bike race today; same last weekend. Tired! Will connect so we can plan a coffee date for SOON!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Carol! Who knew foxes liked surfing! 😂 I hope the copic colours work for you! You must be exhausted after that bike race. Coffee will be great!

      Delete
  2. I love this card so much. I wish someone would make some stamps and dies for surf boards!!!!
    But you did a great job without them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! It would be sooo much easier to have a stamp and die for sure. But this wasn’t too hard to do and you can change them up with whatever background stamps you have. Plus you save money!! 😂

      Delete