Saturday 22 June 2019

Your Next Stamp - Waddles Beach Fun

Hello everyone!  Hope you’re all having a great weekend. I’m sharing this card today which was made with these sweet penguins from Your Next Stamp - Waddles Beach Fun. The background die is from Hello Bluebird and is called Sunshine  Scene. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp CZ Designs Stop, Drop, Party - this is such a fun birthday sentiment stamp set!


 I die cut the background die from white 110 lb. cardstock. I decided to make that bottom layer of cloud into water, so ink blended it with a combination of Distress Oxide Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers. 


The sun and rays were done with Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide inks. I found it easiest to adhere the rays to some blue painters tape that was folded back on itself with the sticky side up.  That way they stayed in place while I blended the inks.  I only applied the spiced marmalade ink to every other ray.  Once everything was ink blended, I adhered the pieces into the frame which I had already mounted to my card base.  After making sure the ink was dry, I used an anti-static powder tool on the blue water and white heat embossed my sentiment.  This was a super quick background! 

I copic coloured the penguins, and if you're interested, the colours I used are listed below.  I fussy cut out the penguins and mounted them on foam tape and finally adhered them to my card front. 

Penguins:  N6, N4, N2, and Y17
Floating tube: RV13, RV 23
Surfboard:  YR16, RV17
Shorts: YG17, YG13
Water: B04, B02

Thank you for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Waddles of fun happening all over your delightful, smile-making penguins card, Karen! The sunny background...oh my! LOVE this scene! I won't join them in the water; rather, I'll cheer their shenanigans from the sandy shore, tropical beverage in hand!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete