Monday 16 May 2022

Happy Everything Poppy Card

Hello again and welcome! Today, I've got a card that features some slightly older Paper Rose Studio products that I love.  I left the sentiment on this one as a very general Happy Everything as I really like to have some of these in my stash for different occasions that might arise. Here's a look at the card.


Paper Rose Studio products - Poppy Field Border Die 18640, Spotty Line Border Die 18548, Crisp Christmas Sentiment Sheets

Other supplies - Copic Markers; Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Sparkles Powder in Beyond Blue; DecoFoil in Gold

For the background, I sprinkled the Pixie Sparkles powder quite liberally over the card front and misted with 3-4 good mists of water, before setting it aside to dry. Next, I die cut the Poppy Field die from white cardstock, and used Copic Markers to colour in the flowers and leaves.  I also used one of the red markers to colour a scrap of white cardstock to use behind the sentiment.  Then I die cut the Spotty Line Border die from white cardstock, having it cut just below the centre of the card. I wove the poppies through the lines so some of them were in front and others behind the lines, and then glued them together on the bottom edge of the poppy die cut. I glued the now dry background behind the poppies, only using glue on the poppies in the back row behind the lines.  On the front, I used little pieces of double sided foam tape to attach the poppies that were in front of the lines.  I foiled the sentiment using a laminator, trimmed it down, and attached it to the red coloured scrap of cardstock I had prepared earlier. This was then trimmed down and attached just below the poppies.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you're having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment