Wednesday 4 May 2022

Butterfly Birthday card

Hello again, I've got another birthday card to share with you today featuring products from Paper Rose Studio.  I wish you could see how bright those alcohol inked wings really are, but my camera just would not cooperate.

 

Paper Rose Studio products - Butterfly Card Creator Die 25117, All Occasions Sentiment Sheets 22339, Gum Leaf Stencil 18132

Other supplies: Ranger Alcohol inks in Boysenberry, and Fiesta; acetate sheet; Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud ink in Chic Magenta and Lilac Whisper; Distress Crackle Texture Paste; Distress Oxide ink in Peacock Feathers; DecoFoil in Rainbow Shattered Glass; white pearls

I die cut the larger of the Butterfly dies in the Butterfly Card Creator die set three times from white cardstock. I extended the die cutting slightly to allow the butterfly to be more towards the centre.  I stacked and glued the three layers together.  On the acetate, I used the alcohol inks to create a pattern for the wings of the butterfly.  Once this was dry, I placed it behind the butterfly where I wanted it to go, and cut around it, using the butterfly wings as a guide. I glued this in place by only gluing on the back of the stacked butterly wings. I then cut and glued in place, a piece of white cardstock to go on the back of the acetate as I didn’t want the background to interfere with the alcohol ink. I used the DecoFoil and a laminator to foil the sentiment, and also added a small strip of the foil along the edge of the butterfly die. For the background, I ink blended the bottom edge of the card front with the Colour Cloud inks. I then stencilled over this with the Crackle paste and the Gum Leaf stencil on which I had covered the flower portion of the stencil with some tape. Once the paste was dry, I stencilled over it with the Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.  I added some splatters using the Peacock Feathers ink, Chic Magenta and a little white acrylic paint.  Once the background was dry, I added the butterfly die cut and a few white pearls.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you're having a happy, creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment