Saturday 28 May 2022

Cleo Floral Butterfly Birthday Card

Hello again and welcome! I've got another butterfly birthday card to share with you today, and this one features the Cleo Floral Butterfly stamp from Paper Rose Studio.


Paper Rose Studio products - Cleo Floral Butterfly Stamp 24643, Happy Birthday Chunky Script Stamp 24640, Doodle Flower Coverplate 1 Die 20553, Butterfly Bliss 6x6 Paper Collection

Other products - Ranger Alcohol inks in Boysenberry, Fiesta, Botanical, and Pool; acetate; Yupo paper; Perfect Pearls in Pearl; Altenew ink in Razzleberry; VersaMark ink; Ranger Super Fine Gold embossing powder; circle paper punches.


I added the alcohol inks to the acetate and tried to keep them separated slightly by colour as I wanted the floral side of the butterfly to have the more pink and purple tones, and the blues and greens to be on the other side.  I also added the same inks to the Yupo paper to be used for the trail, but this could also be made out of acetate (I just didn’t have enough left for this).  Once the inks were dry, I turned the acetate over and used an anti-static powder bag liberally over this side, before using some VersaMark ink to stamp the butterfly and heat set it with gold embossing powder.  I then fussy cut out the butterfly. For the sentiment, I stamped onto white cardstock about three times with the Razzleberry ink to get a deep colour. I also fussy cut this out.  I embossed the Doodle Flower Coverplate die onto white cardstock using a rubber mat and embossing plate, and then misted it with the Perfect pearls (just a little Perfect Pearls mixed with water in a spray bottle).  I used one piece of the Butterfly Bliss paper pad for the background ( but made sure to cut out the centre to be used in another project), and adhered this to the card front. I used glue to attach the embossed front background piece.  Then I glued the sentiment in place along the bottom third.  I carefully folded the butterfly wings back along the edges of the body, and attached it in place using glue on the body and the antenna.  Finally, I used two sizes of paper punches to cut circles from the Yupo coloured paper, and glued these in place behind the butterfly.

Thank you for stopping by, and I do hope you're having a fun, creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment