Wednesday 27 July 2022

Trevor and Friends Card




Paper Rose Studio Supplies UsedTrevor and Friends Stamp Set, Triple Banner Metal Die, Super Day Sentiments Clear Stamp, and the Big Bloom StencilOther Supplies Used:  Copic markers; Distress Oxide inks in Lucky Clover, Twisted Citron, and Evergreen Bough; Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste, and Ranger Glossy Accents.

 

Hello and welcome back everyone!  I've got a friendship card to share with you today that features the adorable Trevor and Friends stamp from Paper Rose Studio. I wanted some interest on the background, and since I didn't have any patterned paper with polka dots, I decided to create my own.  The Big Bloom stencil was perfect for this.  Using only the spotted background part of the stencil, I used finger daubers to dab on the Distress Oxide ink in a random pattern over the card front.  I just kept rotating the stencil until I had covered the entire card front.  I used the same inks to randomly cover one of the Triple Banner die cut as well (I actually cut three of these to stack up).  Once the ink on the banner die cut was dry, I applied a layer of the Moonstone Glimmer Paste over it and let that dry.

I used Copic markers to colour in the stamped image, and added some Glossy Accents to the coffee cup to add some gloss. Finally, I fussy cut around the bunny's nose on the left side of the image as I wanted to pop the two outside bunnies heads up on foam tape to add a little dimension.  It's hard to see that dimension in the photo, but it is there in real life.

Next, I stamped the Super Day sentiments onto the banner die cutouts.  I used my stamp positioner for this, and slightly shaped the stamps to follow along the wave of the diecuts.  I clear heat embossed the sentiments.  Then I glued the three banner diecuts together with the coloured one on top. 

To assemble the card, I glued the stamped and coloured image at the top and used foam tape behind the bunnies' heads on the left and right. Then I glued the stacked Banner die cuts beneath the image.  Finally, I glued the sentiment pieces in place and glued the card front down to the card base.  That's such a sweet image and I could see it being used for so many occasions!




No comments:

Post a Comment