Sunday 12 March 2023

Love Truck Bunny

Hello again everyone! I've got a fun little card today that I think could possibly be used for a masculine birthday.


Inside of card



Paper Rose Studio Supplies Used:  Love Truck Builder Metal Cutting Die 28843, Trevor and Friends Clear Stamp 26119, Black & White A5 12pc Sentiment Sheets 19023, Happy Birthday Chunky Script Stamp Set 24640

I started this card by creating a background for the truck and bunny to star in.  I'm terrible at drawing so please excuse my very amateurish background!  But I just wanted you to get the impression the bunny was driving down a dirt road, so hopefully, that came across.  The bunny was stamped from the Trevor and Friends stamp set (he's the one at the left elbow of Trevor), and I was careful to wipe away the ink from his arms when I stamped him.  I could still faintly see where his left arm would have been, so I used a Copic pen to fill that arm back in.  After colouring him in with Copic markers, I cut him out.  

I die cut the Love Truck from white cardstock and coloured it in with Copic markers, and I also cut extra hearts to have fall out the back of the truck. I used silver foiled cardstock for the bar across the bottom of the truck.  Once I had the truck assembled, I inserted the bunny into the driver's seat and glued him in place so it looked like he was holding the steering wheel.  I popped the truck up on foam tape for added dimension and then attached it to the background panel. Then I used glue to attach the hearts, making it look like they were falling out the back as he raced by.  The sentiment was cut from the Black & White sentiment sheet, and I just thought it was a really fun and different sentiment to go with the image.

For the inside of the card, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment with black ink.  I had stamped and coloured in the Trevor stamp image onto Neenah 80# Solar White cardstock, and coloured it in with my Copic markers. Finally, I fussy cut the image out and glued it into place above the inside sentiment. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today, and I hope I've given you a little inspiration.  That Love Truck is a really sweet little die!

No comments:

Post a Comment