Monday 2 October 2023

Floral Hugs Card

Hello everyone, I've got a beautiful floral card to share today and all the credit goes to the gorgeous Rainbow Twirl paper from Paper Rose Studio. Isn't that paper beautiful?  I made this into a 5 1/2" square card because I wanted to get as much of that paper on as possible. :)

Supplies Used: Rainbow Twirl 12x12 Paper Collection 30429, Hugs Layered Script Metal Cutting Die 28837, Slimline Heart Borders Metal Cutting Die 20886, 19499 Clear Crystal Mix, Amaya Butterfly Metal Cutting Die 19157.  Other: Tim Holtz Distress® Christmas Grit Paste - Snowfall - TSCK81142

To start this card, I cut a 5 1/2" square from the Rainbow Twirl paper, and die cut the top using the Hearts Borders die.  I glued this to my white card base, and then applied the Distress Grit Paste over the large pink flower.  This paste dries translucent but has a bit of a sparkle to it which I wanted to highlight that one big flower. It also has a gritty texture to it as its name suggests.  I set this aside to dry and went on to die cutting 3 of the 'hugs' sentiment and one of the butterfly.  

I glued the butterfly to a scrap of the same Rainbow Twirl paper, and then carefully cut around the die cut wings. I stacked and glued together the three layers of the hugs sentiment.  Once the grit paste had dried, I attached the sentiment and added the butterfly.  Finally, I added the crystal drops around the centre of the pink flower and randomly over the rest of the card.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope I've given you a little inspiration today!


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Absolutely love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Isn’t that paper beautiful?!

      Delete