Sunday 21 January 2024

Floral TriFold Acetate Card

Hello everyone! Today, I've got a trifold card to share and the front page is an acetate floral covered layer. I've decorated all the pages on this card, so here's a look at it.




Paper Rose Studio Supplies Used: Alana Flower Metal Cutting Die 21078, Celebrate Layered Metal Cutting Die 17454, Lovely Florals Blossom Flowers 4x6" Clear Stamp Set 18183.  

Other Supplies:  Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Sparkles Powder in Coral Crush and Pumpkin Patch, and Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder in Mango Blaze.

I started this card by creating the flowers first.  I sprinkled the Pixie Sparkles and Pixie Powders over a sheet of white cardstock and then spritzed it liberally with water.  These are "explosion" powders, so they react with the water by spreading out with colour and you never know what you'll get.  I just made sure I had enough cardstock coloured up for all my flowers, and tried to have a slight range of colour variation.  After the cardstock was dry, I used the Alana Flower dies to cut out all the flowers.  I created 3 layered  flowers to go on the front of the card, and shaped them slightly by using a ball stylus in the centres.  I glued these layers together.  For the second page of flowers, I heat embossed in white, the secondary sentiments which came from the Lovely Florals stamp set.

To assemble the card, I cut a piece of acetate that was 4 3/4" wide by 5 1/2" tall and scored this at 1/2" along one long (5 1/2") side.  I placed some double sided adhesive on both sides of the flap created by the score line, and used my bone folder to fold and burnish the fold.  I attached the acetate layer to my A2 card base, by aligning the folded edge of acetate to the left side of the card base, removed the release paper on the bottom side of the flap, and folded the acetate flap onto the card base.  Then I placed another piece of cardstock that measured 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" over top of the acetate flap section (which is now the middle section of the card), and secured it by removing the release paper on the acetate, and adding glue to the rest of the section.

I wanted the flowers on the second page to be hidden by the front cover flowers, so I attached the front 3 layered flowers to the acetate using glue and making sure that they were slightly spread apart. To get the middle layer of flowers lined up, I placed the flowers face down on the inside of the acetate layer, added some glue to the centre of the flowers, and then carefully closed the back of the card down so that it would pick up the glued flowers in the right spot.  Because I used glue, I had a little bit of time to check that the second layer of flowers were hidden from the front. I made sure that the florals with the secondary sentiments were on top on the second page.  Finally, I added the remaining flowers to the front of the card and on the inside layer.  I then added some pearls on the card front to the centre of the flowers.  

I die cut the sentiment three times and stacked them together with glue.  I cut the shadow layer from pink vellum and adhered the white sentiment to this with glue.  Finally, I attached the sentiment to the card front with glue. 

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope I've given you a little inspiration for your card making!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog via a crafty friend sending me a link to your You tube channel. I have a love hate relationship with acetate but both this card here and your white scraps videos have made me think maybe acetate really isn't so bad.
    Hugs Mrs A. aka ValeryAnne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Valery Anne! I do love the look of acetate cards and now that I’ve discovered isopropyl alcohol will remove all my glueing mistakes, I love them even more! 😂 I hope you have just as much fun with them if you decide to give them another try. 😄❤️

      Delete