Wednesday 22 May 2024

Hyacinth Birthday Card

Hi everybody, today I've got a floral birthday card for you.


 Supplies used: Violet Garden Die Cuts 28387, Little Foliage 1 Metal Cutting Die 21099, All Occasions Sentiments A5 12pc Sentiment Sheets 22339, Austin Circle Frame Metal Cutting Die 30225.

 

This was one of those quick and easy cards. It's an A2 sized card that I created using an A2 sized card front.  I ink blended all over the card front first in pink, and then with some purple around the outside edges.  

I die cut the leaves from the Little Foliage die set multiple times from white cardstock and adhered them randomly over the card front.  Then I cut the outer ring of the Austin Circle from white cardstock and glued that down to the upper portion of the card front.  I added in the center circle and then placed the Violet Garden die cut over the center of the circle.

For the sentiment, I used the same pink and purple inks to create the banner tag, and mounted the sentiment sheet on top of it. I trimmed the banner tag down to fit around the sentiment and cut out the fish tail ends. I mounted the banner on foam tape and adhered it below the center circle.  Next, I added a few pearls around the central image. 

At this point, I felt I didn't have quite enough purple tones on my card, so I went back around the edges with a small brush and added a bit more.  This was quite tricky because of the white die cut leaves, so I would highly recommend getting it right before adding the leaves! 😄

Thank you for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment