Wednesday 21 October 2020

Who Let the Reindeer Out?!

Hello, and welcome!  I’ve got two Christmas cards to share with you today featuring the Reindeer and a Tree stamp set from Gerda Steiner Designs.  We’ve had our Thanksgiving here in Canada, and Halloween is almost over, so I’ve been on a roll making Christmas cards lately - I hope that’s not too early for you!  I’m trying very hard to use my stamps and dies more frequently but in different ways, so since I had two cards made with this set, I thought I’d share both of them with you. 


I stamped all the adorable reindeer and the Santa images and copic coloured them in (copic markers used are listed below), and then cut out my images.  I used a snow marker (Marvy Embellishing Snow Marker) on Santa’s hat trim and pompom to give them some dimension. I also added some Glossy Accents to Rudolph’s nose and the collars.



For my background, I cut from white cardstock, 3 layers of the Simply Diamonds die from PinkFresh Studios and saved one layer of the inner die cut pieces.  I ink blended these smaller, inset pieces with a mix of Distress Oxide inks in Festive Berries, Barn Door, Candied Apple, Lucky Clover, Mowed Lawn and Crushed Olive. After gluing together the die cut panels, I adhered them to my card base and then inset the ink blended pieces.  

Then I adhered the reindeer and Santa with foam tape inside the diamonds on the panel.  The sentiment is from Picket Fence Studios Santa’s Sleigh Ride and I just thought it went well with all these somewhat mischievous looking reindeer. Finally, I added some Studio Katia Icy Sparkle crystals. 

And for the second card ...


For this card, I copic coloured the images which are all from the same stamp set.  I added the ornaments, lights, and candy cane from the set because I wanted to make it look like the reindeer were having a little too much fun with the decorating.  I added some black cord around the reindeer with the lights, and glued it behind his back. Then I glued the lights around and under the cord.

I made the strip of patterned paper from various papers I had in my stash.  I cut them into strips and then used a tape gun to adhere them to a piece of cardstock on the diagonal. I embossed a piece of white cardstock for the bottom half.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set too - bonus! - and I just embossed it with gold embossing powder. I added a little ink blending behind the patterned strip with Distress Ink Festive Berries, and popped the reindeer up on foam tape. 

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you’re having a great day!

Copic markers used:

Reindeer - E51, E53, E25, E33, N6, N4, R20, R00, YR23 and R29
Santa - R39, R29, R35, N6, N4, YR23, C0, C1, C2, E000, R20, R00





No comments:

Post a Comment