Tuesday 15 November 2022

Santa's Sleigh Card

Hello again and welcome!  I think I'm on a roll with making my Christmas cards, so I hope you're not too tired of seeing them!  Here's a look at today's card.


Products used:  Nature Stroll 3 Die Cuts 27898, Crisp Christmas A5 12pc Sentiment Sheets 19772, Sleigh Metal Cutting Die 20610, Holly 6x6" Stencil 19721, Nature Stroll Festive 12x12 Paper Collection 27433 (Note - I only used the red and white strip from the bottom of one of the 12 x 12" papers from this collection, so if you have something similar, it would probably work).  Other supplies - Cosmic Shimner Luna Paste in Moonlight Pearl, silver cardstock, foil for the sentiment.

I started by creating the background first.  I used the Luna Paste through the Holly stencil, spreading as even a layer as I could, and then set it aside to dry.  

I die cut the sleigh twice from white cardstock, and once from green (this green was actually a scrap piece from the Nature Stroll Festive 12 x 12" papers). I glued one of the white die cut sleighs to the back of the green one for extra support.  I cut the runners and snowflakes from the silver mirror cardstock, and I also cut the runners again from white cardstock and glued it to the silver one.  I used glue to adhere the snowflakes to the sleigh, and then glued the sleigh runners in place.

The diecuts were easily removed from the card backing and I trimmed the tags where needed.  What a quick and simple way to make a great card! I just collected an assortment of flowers that filled the sleigh and arranged them in the sleigh.  I used a little glue to hold them in place and then glued the extra sleigh to the back of all the flowers. The red and white strip border was cut from one of the 12 x 12" paper borders.

I foiled the sentiment in my laminator with some DecoFoil in silver, and trimmed it down.

To assemble the card, I glued the now dry stencilled card front to my card base.  The red and white strip was adhered with glue on the left hand edge. I attached the sleigh and then finally, placed the sentiment underneath it, on foam tape.  

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you're having a happy, creative day!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderfull card is this Karen.
    Want to let you know right away that I saw your card with the sunshine bear and the mini flip slider a while ago. And I loved this card!! I made it too and linked to your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Bernadet! I know exactly which flip slider card you are referring to, and I’m so glad you gave it a try. I have another one of those coming soon, so you’ll have to check back! 😄💕💕

      Delete