Sunday 27 November 2022

Christmas Wreath Card

Hello and welcome back!  I've got another Christmas card today, and it's probably my last for the year.


 
Supplies Used:  Little Foliage 1 Metal Cutting Die 21099, Berry Border Metal Cutting Die 23473, Poinsettia Flowers Metal Die Set 18351, Hand Stitching Coverplate Metal Cutting Die 26020, Merry Christmas Script Clear Stamp 27301. Other supplies - Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Sparkle Paste in Golden Sand and Frosty Sparkle, Cosmic Shimmer Gilded Touch in Warm Gold, gold mirror cardstock, gold beads,  white acrylic paint, Kuretake Starry Colors Paint, Glossy Accents.

I made this card a little bigger to accommodate the wreath, so it ended up being 5" x 6".  I used the Hand Stitching coverplate die on the card front, and extended the die cutting over the entire surface which was easy to do.  I mounted the gold mirror cardstock behind this and attached the background to my card base.  

I die cut the foliage dies from both green and white cardstock and spattered them with gold paint and some white acrylic paint. I also applied some of the Ultra Sparkle paste over the white leaves and set everything aside to dry.  Once they were dry, I added some more of the Gilded Touch wax to the green leaves. 

I die cut the berry border die twice and coloured in the berries with Copic markers.  I added Glossy Accents to the berries and then let this dry.  Then I fussy cut out individual branches of berries to tuck into the wreath. 

I cut the poinsettia from red cardstock several times, and once with the small outline die from gold mirror cardstock. I layered these together, shaping the petals for dimension and using some foam tape between layers.  Then I added some of the Gilded Touch wax to the tips.  I used glue to add the gold beads to the center of the poinsettia. 

I stamped and white heat embossed the sentiment onto some red cardstock, and then fussy cut it out.

Finally, I assembled the wreath onto the card front, tucking in berries where I could. The poinsettia was added at the bottom, and the sentiment to the inside of the wreath.  Finally, I added a little of the Ultra Sparkle Frosty Sparkle paste to the tips of the leaves and berries, and just a little on the poinsettia. 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I've given you some inspiration!







No comments:

Post a Comment