Friday 12 July 2024

Oceans of Birthday Wishes

Hello again, and welcome.  I've got two birthday cards today that are the result of using the positive and negative images from some die cuts.  I love getting a 2 for 1!  Here's a look at the two cards:


 

 CARD 1

The first card is a shaker card.  I started by adding some Catherine Pooler inks to my card front in Aquatini, Stone Blue and Seafoam.  I added in some water drops and then reinked over those once they were dry.  I repeated this several times until there was some depth and interest to the cardstock.  Then I used the Cracked stencil over top and spread some Nuvo Jewel Drops in Sea Breeze over the card front. 

When this was dry, I used the Dolphin Dance dies to cut out the center.  I also cut the dolphins from white cardstock and set them aside.  I had originally thought I was going to create more layers for this card (which is why the second card has so many layers), but changed my mind and only cut one lighter green-blue piece of cardstock, using the Splat Nesting die for this.  I used one of the pieces of Inky Colour papers to place at the back of the opening. 

I covered the back of the card front with a piece of acetate.  I put a second piece of acetate behind the lighter green-blue layer as well.  I placed double side foam tape around the back of the opening on the card front to create a well for my shaker. 

I had to get a little creative with the coral and seaweed as I did not have any dies for this.  So the "coral" is acutally one of the branches from the Little Foliage 2 set that I coloured, cut apart and then glued back together to look a little like coral. The "seaweed" is made from the wavy border die in the Wave borders die set.  I cut it from some inked up green card, and then cut it out to make seaweed by following the die cut lines.  I glued these element onto the back of the card front before adding the shaker bits and attaching the second die cut layer.   

I positioned the Inky Colour paper onto the card base and added the one dolphin so he could be seen through the opening.  I then attached the shaker layers to the card front.  Finally, I added the second dolphin and the sentiment. 

CARD 2

I started this card by cutting through the card base with the bubbly border die from the Wave borders die set.  I cut through both the front and back and had to run it through my die cutting machine several times. I then added a lighter blending of the same inks used in the first card.   Then I used the Cracked stencil over top and applied some Liquitex Gloss Heavy Gel that was mixed with some of the Aquatini ink. 

Once the card front was dry, I started layering up my die cut pieces.  I had used the Splat Nesting dies to cut all of them except for the top layer.  The very top layer was applied with foam tape to give some added dimension. I added in my seaweed and coral in a few places.  

I die cut the fish from white cardstock and then backed them with some scraps of the Inky Colour papers.  I added these to the card front and then added the sentiment.  I created the sentiment on my computer as I didn't have anything fishy enough in my stash! 

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope I may have given you some inspiration.











No comments:

Post a Comment