Tuesday 10 November 2020

Another Paper Roses Poinsettia card

 Hello again and thanks for stopping by!  I have really been trying to use my supplies repeatedly lately, so I have another card today featuring Paper Rose Studio’s Poinsettia Flower  die set. If you haven’t seen this die set yet, you should check it out - it’s beautiful! 


I die cut from gold cardstock, two of the outline flowers.  The red flower was cut from red cardstock and I used some copic markers to add some shading (R39 and R29).  I glued some gold seed beads to the center of the red flower.

The bottom border is from a Paper Rose Studio stencil called Holly.  I applied some Heidi Swapp clear texture paste to green cardstock.  When it was dry, I ran it through my laminator with some champagne foil.  I used my R39 copic marker on the berries and then added glossy accents on top. I cut a border from the gold foil cardstock using a MFT Ric Rac die.  

The top, see-through part of the card is made with a laminating pouch that I sprinkled some embossing powder in as well as some silver stars, before running it through my laminator.  Jennifer McGuire has a video on how to do this and here is the link if you want to check it out.  It’s a fantastic idea!  I scored and folded this see-through panel, and then sandwiched it between pieces of white cardstock on the front and back of my card.  Finally, I cut my sentiment from red foil cardstock and glued it to the inside of my card. 

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you’re having a great day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment