Monday 2 November 2020

Paper Roses Poinsettia Flowers

 Hello, I’ve got three cards today made with this beautiful Poinsettia Flowers die set from Paper Roses and one of them isn’t even a Christmas card! Shocking, right?!  Honestly, the last one started off in my mind as a Christmas card, but I wanted to make them pink poinsettias.  However, once I coloured them up, they didn’t look too Christmassy so they’re a thank you card now.  Just the way things go ...

Anyway, here’s the first card and it is a Christmas card. 


This is the front of the card but it’s a trifold card, so when you open up the card the poinsettias are actually on the middle layer and look like this ...



The sentiment on the front of the card is from Poppy Stamps and is called Christmas Quotes. The holly on the inside is also from Poppy Stamps and is from their Mistletoe and Holly die set. I die cut the poinsettias from white cardstock and then copic coloured them with R39, R29 and R35. 

Here is my second card ...


This one is a shaker card and has a lot of shiny stuff on it! It was very hard to photograph as a result.  The background is a Gina K foiled toner card and the “peace” sentiment is from Crafter’s Companion.  It’s meant to be cut out of an opening so I did some partial die cutting to get the arched circle and then die cut the “peace” again from foiled cardstock to place over top.  I used a “Mini Poinsettia” embossing folder from Couture Creations on the front.  I copic coloured these poinsettias in the same way as the first card.

And for the third card ...



I die cut the flowers from Bristol cardstock and coloured them with Zig Clean Color watercolour brushes, which I’m really not as comfortable using.  They were just so bright and pink when I was done that I just didn’t see them as Christmas flowers at all. The background is made from a Paper Roses stencil called Flowy Leaves and I used some Decofoil Metallix gel in Champagne. The sentiment is from MFT’s More Essential Sentiments set. 

Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope I’ve given you a little inspiration!  Have a great day! 




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Would love to see how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jeannie! I don’t have a video for this one, but I know I’ve seen Jennifer McGuire do something like this. I just looked through her videos, and i think this one might help you https://youtu.be/Ppymb9jA1FY. Basically, you just figure out where you want the poinsettias to go on the front of the card, and use the dies to cut them in that position (you can overlap them). Then on the inside flap, you attach the poinsettias and add some greenery. It’s actually very easy and those dies are awesome! Hope that helps! 😀

    ReplyDelete